Monday, July 4, 2011

Neon skittles & crackle!


This was my first time with a crackle polish, it was pretty hard to control, but I think it turned out ok, and it was really fun to look at! There's a ton of polish on my nails - between putting on a layer of white to help the neon pop to the extra layer of top coat so the crackle polish wouldn't get hung up on the semi-matte finish of the neons I used, there's between 6 & 9 coats of polish on each nail (did I mention the part where neons are really thin?) But I think it was worth it, and it all dried very quickly. Yay quick-dry topcoat!


I can't decide if I like the blue crackle best over red/pink/orange colors, or yellow & green. I think it depends on how it's lit at any given moment. I really liked the contrast in this finger (sorry about the blurry, my lil camera can only zoom so much) and the blue/aqua shift in the crackle polish shows up really well:


Here's the big giant list of polish:

Pure Ice Crackle – Strike a Pose
Sally Hansen Crackle – Vintage Violet (pinkies)

thumbs – Pure Ice Flirt Alert (hot pink, not really neon)
index – Orly Melon Magic
middle – Sinful Neon Melon
ring – Color Club What a Shock!
pinkie – Zoya Phoebe, Color Club Pure Energy  (these 2 are practically the same color, Phoebe is matte and a 1-2 coater, Pure Energy is a semi-gloss 3 coater. I forget which pinky had which, I was comparing & lost track.)

No comments:

Post a Comment